© ALL FILMS ARE BY THE STUDENTS / ALUMNI of THE ONE SCHOOL GOA.
This is a comprehensive course which covers Commercial and Documentary film making and empowers you to become an independent content creator, suitable for the markets of the future.
At this moment we are seeing a boom of video content on web outlets, with YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV+, BBC, and many others demanding original programming, perhaps, this being the harbinger of a totally new landscape of filmed entertainment. It goes without saying that never before has there been such a demand for filmed storytelling, nor has there been as many platforms and outlets through which to present it.
In addition to the this, Events and Wedding Film market has shown exponential growth.
In our endeavour to impart learning that is current to the industry demands and trends, the syllabus is subject to change/update at regular intervals without prior notice.
1. What is this Course Outcome ? Will I be able to join mainstream film making ?
The main target and outcome of the DSLR film making course is that you become a ‘One Man Army’. This means you get trained in all aspects of film making – Director, Cinematographer, Editor. This makes you a complete film maker, which is the demand of the industry today. These skills will be useful in making commercial ad films, corporate films, education and medical films, documentaries, wedding films, music videos, short features and content for Netflix, Amazon Prime Movies, BBC, YouTube and other emerging platforms.
2. What equipment will I require for this course ?
- To start the course a camera (mirrorless preferred), laptop and external hard disk (500GB SSD + 2TB Back up is preferred)
- Eventually, you will need a tripod /gimbal, lapel microphone, external sound recorder, but this depends on your selected field of specialisation.
- The Staff at the school will help you build your kit as per what is most necessary for your future stream.
3. What equipment is recommended ?
- Cameras: Fuji X-T3, Nikon Z6, Sony A7iii, Panasonic GH5
- MacBook Pro or Top Tier Windows Laptop
- Peripheral equipment can be discussed and purchased when you are here.
Special prices are available for most of the equipment once you enrol in the course.
4. What post production software is used ?
- We use and recommend DaVinci Resolve.
- This also has all the functionality as all other NLEs, and the most comprehensive colour grading controls and Audio controls under Fairlight.
1 YEAR PROFESSIONAL DSLR FILM MAKING PROGRAM
FEE STRUCTURE: for the academic year 2019 / 2020